After a brief career in the nuclear power field in the US Navy, Steve chose to transition to working with the human body rather than machinery. He had always had an interest in how the body works and found it very rewarding to work with individuals helping them achieve their health goals and recover from injuries. Steve started out working with athletes of all levels and has since had the pleasure of working with all groups and ages. He is passionate about the healing practice and using holistic techniques to get people into top shape.
Steve graduated from San Diego State University with a degree in Kinesiology and was certified as an athletic trainer (ATC) in 1999. In 2005 he was licensed as a physical therapy assistant (PTA) while working for a physical therapy office in northern California. He started massage training at The International Professional School of Bodywork in San Diego in 1998 and was later certified by the California Massage Therapy Council as a massage therapist (CMT).
Most recently he graduated from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in 2015 and was licensed to practice acupuncture in California early 2016. He then returned to PCOM and was awarded his Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM) degree in the summer of 2017.
Dr. Steve is married to Kelsy White. They live in Big Pine, CA with their three dogs, Cruzer, Bonnie and Tommy.
Licenses and Certifications
California Acupuncture Board
License # 17083
National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification
Certificate # 099902442
- Completed Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM) degree at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- Graduated from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine with Master of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine (MSTOM)
- Graduated from SDSU Athletic Training program with Bachelor of Science (BS) in kinesiology with minor in psychology
- Traveled with a professional sailing team to New Zealand to support the efforts to return the America’s Cup to the US
- Traveled with the US men’s national volleyball team to France for a competition prior to the Olympics
- Worked with the women’s national soccer team prior to the Olympics